How are Payments processed in Chegg?
We process Expert payments once a month.
Payments are processed through NEFT Bank transfer by 15th of Every month for the answers submitted in the last month between 1st-31st.
For Example- For all the Valid responses submitted by an expert between 1st-30th April 2019, payments will be processed by 15th May 2019.
For timely processing of your payments, please ensure:
1. You update your CORRECT bank details with us by 5th of every month, failing which we will not be able to process your payments.
2. You update your bank details with us TIMELY, failing which your payments would not be processed in the current payment cycle and would only be processed in the next month's payment cycle.
In case you haven't updated your bank details already, do it now! Here is the link:
Note: We do not process payment through Paytm /Google pay/ Airtel Money/Cash
Will I be notified how much payment I will be getting in a month?
You shall receive details of your earning for the current month on/before 13th (date) of the subsequent month on your registered email ID and the corresponding payments would be processed to your bank account by 15th (date).
My payment was reversed from my bank account (Return
We tried processing your payments but your bank refused to process it. Don't worry, your payment is safe with us, and we'll try and process it again in the next payment cycle.
Payments are reversed mainly due to one/more of following reasons:
1. Bank details submitted by you are incorrect.
2. Your bank details pertain to an account which is not operational.
3. Bank details provided by you pertain to an account which is JOINTLY held by more than 1 party.
4. Your name as per our records does not match with the name available in bank records.
In case you feel your payments may have failed due to any of the reasons mentioned above, please update your correct bank details here:
Why have you deducted 20% / 10% TDS from my Payment?
As per the Income Tax Guidelines:
1. In case Expert PAN details are available with us: We are required to deduct 10% TDS(Tax Deducted At Source) on all Expert payments that we process. For all such deductions made, we will provide you with a TDS certificate every quarter which you may use for claiming IT refunds (if eligible) at the time of filing your Income Tax Returns.
2. In case Expert PAN card details are not available with us: We are required to deduct 20% as TDS which gets deposited with the Income Tax Authority. For such deductions, we would not be able to provide any TDS certificates and such tax deductions cannot be claimed for refund (if eligible) at the time of filing income tax returns.
Therefore, we recommend that if you have not updated your PAN card details with us, please do so at the earliest.
TDS for the fourth Quarter(JAN-MAR) 2019 will be available by 15th of May 2019 tentatively.
How can I update my bank details? Can I submit my parents/friends bank details?
Sorry, we ONLY accept details of bank accounts that have been opened in your name (Joint Accounts are also not accepted).
In case the account does not belong to you, your payments will not be processed.